Why do they hang the “conspiracy theory” label on the so-called 9/11 “truthers,” and (less so) on Glenn Beck—but not on these well-funded loons? Their disinformation will all too soon have made the Earth unlivable, and, therefore, the USA impossible. So where’s the universal chorus of derision? They see the “green agenda” as a deliberate plot to ruin the US economy. If that’s no (darkly) laughable, what is?
As it happens, Koch and Exxon/Mobil have WAY too much money to allow the corporate press to air such necessary mockery; and so THESE denialists get away with it.
Climate Change Skeptics Unite At Heartland Conference
WASHINGTON — Prominent climate change skeptics gathered at the Heartland Institute’s sixth international conference on climate change on Friday to take on the body of scientific evidence showing that human emissions are contributing to global warming.
Sen. Jim Inhofe, a famous climate change denier, was set to headline the event’s kickoff on Thursday, but canceled when he came down with a cold. Instead the Oklahoma Republican, who has long called climate change a hoax, insisting “we’re in a cold spell,” sent a statement alleging that while President Obama may have scaled back his speechifying on energy and the environment, he has not given up trying to push forward a green agenda in creative ways.
“He understands that the green agenda is not popular but that doesn’t mean he has given up trying to implement it,” Inhofe said in a written statement. “Take a good close look at the President’s administration. With sky high unemployment and a weak economy, who does he ask to head the Department of Commerce? The founder of the Natural Resource Defense Council, John Bryson. That’s right, a committed green activist who supported legislation that would have imposed huge costs on consumers and shipped American jobs overseas.”
One Comment to “Climate cranks assemble at Koch/Exxon’s Heartland Institute; “We’re in a cold spell,” says James Inhofe (who couldn’t be there — “has a cold”)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Online Journal
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.