Rally happens Wednesday July 27th.
:: Bronx Rally Flyer ::
> July 22, 2011
> Hundreds of living wage jobs at stake with the elimination of the processing of mail in the Bronx. Emergency march and rally called for this coming Wednesday, July 27, 2011 in the Bronx. Please help spread the word. Flyer attached.
> Emergency March & Rally to Save Bronx Post Offices
> What: Emergency March & Rally to Save Bronx Post Offices
> When: Wednesday, July 27, 2011
> Where: March Assembles at 10 A. M. at the recently closed
> Oak Point post office
> 839 East 149th Street (Between Union and Prospect)
> Bronx, NY
> Rally at 11:30 A. M. Bronx General Post Office
> 558 Grand Concourse (at 149th Street)
> Bronx, NY
> Who: Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.,
> Assemblyman Eric Stevenson,
> New York Metro Area Postal Union, APWU, AFL-CIO,
> Emergency Committee to Save Bronx Post Offices,
> Coalition to Save the Bronx Post Offices,
> South Bronx Community Congress
> Why: To stop the Postal Service Plan to halt Processing Mail in the Bronx
> and close more post offices which will:
> Delay mail delivery for the entire borough; lose hundreds of living wage jobs,
> Hurt local businesses, and increase health hazards for children and the elderly.
> Chuck Zlatkin
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.