Rally happens Wednesday July 27th.
:: Bronx Rally Flyer ::
> July 22, 2011
> Hundreds of living wage jobs at stake with the elimination of the processing of mail in the Bronx. Emergency march and rally called for this coming Wednesday, July 27, 2011 in the Bronx. Please help spread the word. Flyer attached.
> Emergency March & Rally to Save Bronx Post Offices
> What: Emergency March & Rally to Save Bronx Post Offices
> When: Wednesday, July 27, 2011
> Where: March Assembles at 10 A. M. at the recently closed
> Oak Point post office
> 839 East 149th Street (Between Union and Prospect)
> Bronx, NY
> Rally at 11:30 A. M. Bronx General Post Office
> 558 Grand Concourse (at 149th Street)
> Bronx, NY
> Who: Bronx Borough President Ruben Diaz Jr.,
> Assemblyman Eric Stevenson,
> New York Metro Area Postal Union, APWU, AFL-CIO,
> Emergency Committee to Save Bronx Post Offices,
> Coalition to Save the Bronx Post Offices,
> South Bronx Community Congress
> Why: To stop the Postal Service Plan to halt Processing Mail in the Bronx
> and close more post offices which will:
> Delay mail delivery for the entire borough; lose hundreds of living wage jobs,
> Hurt local businesses, and increase health hazards for children and the elderly.
> Chuck Zlatkin
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.