State Budget to be Rushed Through Extraordinary Session
by The Intertubes | June 11, 2011 – 6:18pm
The Assembly Organization Committee has placed the state budget into an “Extraordinary Session” scheduled to begin 11 a.m. on Tuesday June 14th. People are getting prepared to take action and demonstrate at the Capitol on very short notice on Tuesday.
In contrast to a special session, which is called by the governor, an extraordinary session is initiated by the legislature. Extraordinary Sessions are very rare. In fact, since made possible by a joint rule in 1977, the assembly has scheduled extraordinary sessions only ten times, the last in 1993.
Here are some of the special features of the extraordinary session:
- No notice of hearing before a committee shall be required other than posting on the legislative bulletin board, and no bulletin of committee hearings shall be published.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.