So they’ll either work, and help turn the tide against Obama’s re-election; or they’ll simply serve as cover for the next election THEFT, so that the GOP’s (surprising) “victory” will, as ever, be
“explained” as the result of Rove’s hard-hitting ADS. (So it was when Kerry “lost”—because of the “Swift Boat Veterans for Truth,” of course; and so it was two years before, when Max Cleland “lost”—because of Rove’s ad hinting he was soft on terrorism, having opposed BushCo’s creation of the Department of Homeland Security.)
OR something else is going on. But We the People will, as usual, be the last to know about it.
Karl Rove Dropping $20 Million on Anti-Obama Attack Ads
By Julianne Escobedo Shepherd, AlterNet
Posted on June 25, 2011, Printed on June 25, 2011
In case you were concerned that he\’d somehow changed: the National Journal is reporting that Crossroads, a conservative group affiliated with Mr. Burns-like GOP mastermind Karl Rove, is set to drop $20 million on ads attacking President Obama. It\’s not even autumn 2011! Election season apparently starts after the weekend, so buck up:
The first ad, which begins airing next Monday, shows a clip of Obama joking this month that some of the shovel-ready projects in the stimulus “was not as shovel ready as we expected” while highlighting rising unemployment and gas prices since he took office.
“Obama\’s $830 billion stimulus failed,” a narrator says in the ad. “14 million out of work. America drowning in debt. It\’s time to take away Obama\’s blank check.”
One Comment to “Rove spending $20 million on anti-Obama attack ads”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Online Journal
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.