Apparently Rove/Holder’s DoJ is having too much fun tormenting Siegelman.
Obama Pardons 8 People
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Friday pardoned eight people convicted of crimes ranging from conspiring to import marijuana to selling alligator hides.
The action marked the second set of pardons Obama has granted since becoming president. The first pardons, last December, went to nine people whose crimes included possessing drugs, counterfeiting and mutilating coins.
Like the earlier pardons, the latest did not involve anyone well-known. The cases date back as far as 1975, when Randy Eugene Dyer of Burien, Wash., was sentenced to serve five years in prison in the conspiracy to import marijuana and two related crimes.
President grants first pardons while in White House, mostly for low-grade crimes
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has granted the first pardons of his presidency, to nine people convicted of crimes including possessing drugs, counterfeiting and even mutilating coins.
The people pardoned were:
—James Bernard Banks, of Liberty, Utah, sentenced to two years of probation in 1972 for illegal possession of government property.
—Russell James Dixon, of Clayton, Ga., sentenced to two years of probation in 1960 for a liquor law violation.
—Laurens Dorsey, of Syracuse, N.Y., sentenced in 1998 to five years of probation and $71,000 in restitution for conspiracy to defraud by making false statements to the Food and Drug Administration.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- MCM talks about Forbidden Bookshelf (dynamite interview with Peter B. Collins)
- St. Louis cops pick off another citizen, then lie about it (VIDEO)
- This is the way the world ends—not with a bang, but a Happy Meal
- Those robo-cops in Ferguson—and not just there—are out to kill the poor (MUST-READ by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
- Detroit protesters win a moratorium on water shutoff, call for probe of vast corruption
- best diaper bag reviews on Prop 89
- Defective Airbag on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- wine bar lakeland on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev's trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Shooting unarmed black men is a normal thing for US cops, who often get away with it
- Fukushima is still poisoning the world
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.