Apparently Rove/Holder’s DoJ is having too much fun tormenting Siegelman.
Obama Pardons 8 People
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama on Friday pardoned eight people convicted of crimes ranging from conspiring to import marijuana to selling alligator hides.
The action marked the second set of pardons Obama has granted since becoming president. The first pardons, last December, went to nine people whose crimes included possessing drugs, counterfeiting and mutilating coins.
Like the earlier pardons, the latest did not involve anyone well-known. The cases date back as far as 1975, when Randy Eugene Dyer of Burien, Wash., was sentenced to serve five years in prison in the conspiracy to import marijuana and two related crimes.
President grants first pardons while in White House, mostly for low-grade crimes
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has granted the first pardons of his presidency, to nine people convicted of crimes including possessing drugs, counterfeiting and even mutilating coins.
The people pardoned were:
—James Bernard Banks, of Liberty, Utah, sentenced to two years of probation in 1972 for illegal possession of government property.
—Russell James Dixon, of Clayton, Ga., sentenced to two years of probation in 1960 for a liquor law violation.
—Laurens Dorsey, of Syracuse, N.Y., sentenced in 1998 to five years of probation and $71,000 in restitution for conspiracy to defraud by making false statements to the Food and Drug Administration.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYU gave John Sexton’s son a duplex in the Village, despite a “severe housing shortage” for the faculty
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers “2 + 2 = 5!” (3 items)
- Kiev junta orders military to attack pro-Russian protesters (just after CIA’s John Brennan pays a secret visit there), says Yanukovich
- Holocaust memorial in Odessa (Ukraine) vandalized with swastikas
- Hillary loves Boeing, just like Bush/Cheney did
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Brian on In California, GMO food labeling law will be on ballots on Election Day!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers "2 + 2 = 5!" (3 items)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- NYU gave John Sexton's son a duplex in the Village, despite a "severe housing shortage" for the faculty
- Obama didn't prosecute Bush/Cheney out of fear he'd end up like Paul Wellstone
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.