Yesterday, we posted a hot piece from the Nation, Pakistan’s big daily, making several startling claims about the situation at the nuclear plant in Ft. Calhoun, Nebraska—that there was a full meltdown there, and that Obama had ordered a news blackout on the story; and more. (The post was titled “Obama has ordered “total and complete” news blackout on crippled nuke plant in Nebraska”.)
Since then, it’s come to my attention that that piece is bogus—apparently some kind of hoax. So we took it down this morning.
Let me add that there HAS clearly been a blackout on the news re: that ongoing disaster, whether Obama personally ordered it or not. So far there hasn’t been a lick of mainstream coverage in the US or in Canada (although a local TV station did report a bid by some Nebraska bureaucrat to “dispel the rumors”).
So we’ll just keep trying to keep track of it ourselves.
Apologies to anyone who got that phony story from NFU.
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We the Human Species have a choice: Keep on making money, or survive
- “60 Minutes” does the NSA a real big favor
- It isn’t just the NSA
- NY City Council to discuss “the promises and perils of Internet voting”
- Latest offerings in NYUFASP’s auction to save Greenwich Village (ending Wednesday night)!
- fasdffsd on Craiglist ad seeks “writers to post Right-Wing Comments to social media & news outlets”
- Internet Marketing Agentur 6020 on Private cop organization, linked to DHS, helped plan raids on OWS nationwide
- wombat on What’s the matter with Alabama? Roger Shuler kept in jail indefinitely, paraded into court IN CHAINS
- Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014 :: News … | Save The Pacific Ocean on Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014
- Gus Wynn on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- CIA won't release last volume of secret history of the Bay of Pigs
- Iceland got over the recession fast—by jailing the banksters, and bailing out the people
- Murdoch's Post (at last) AGREES with Michael Moore's "conspiracy theory" re: Saudi link to 9/11
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.