Yesterday, we posted a hot piece from the Nation, Pakistan’s big daily, making several startling claims about the situation at the nuclear plant in Ft. Calhoun, Nebraska—that there was a full meltdown there, and that Obama had ordered a news blackout on the story; and more. (The post was titled “Obama has ordered “total and complete” news blackout on crippled nuke plant in Nebraska”.)
Since then, it’s come to my attention that that piece is bogus—apparently some kind of hoax. So we took it down this morning.
Let me add that there HAS clearly been a blackout on the news re: that ongoing disaster, whether Obama personally ordered it or not. So far there hasn’t been a lick of mainstream coverage in the US or in Canada (although a local TV station did report a bid by some Nebraska bureaucrat to “dispel the rumors”).
So we’ll just keep trying to keep track of it ourselves.
Apologies to anyone who got that phony story from NFU.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You know that FBI “smoking gun” video of the Tsarnaev brothers planting that bomb? You don’t, because there isn’t one….
- Nobel Peace Prize chairman (finally) gets what he deserves for giving one to Pres. Obama
- Coke pulls German-language ad that seems nostalgic for “the Good Old Times” when Hitler ruled
- Someone needs to put saltpeter in Joe Biden’s coffee
- After “one viewer” complains, RT faces UK inquiry over “anti-Western” comments in TV debate about Ukraine
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- You know that FBI "smoking gun" video of the Tsarnaev brothers planting that bomb? You don't, because there isn't one....
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.