Wall Street Journal Honcho Shills for Secret Worker ‘Education’ Program Linked to Koch Group
By Adele M. Stan, AlterNet/The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute
This article was reported in partnership with The Investigative Fund at The Nation Institute.
In a darkened hotel ballroom in Pittsburgh, a middle-aged man with a boyish affect stands before the enthusiastic, if graying, activists of the Americans For Prosperity Foundation, gathered in August 2009 for its annual RightOnline conference.
“How many people here read the Wall Street Journal editorial page?” asks Stephen Moore, who sits on the paper’s editorial board. The crowd responds enthusiastically. “What would we do,” he continues, “without the Wall Street Journal and Fox News, right? And Americans for Prosperity?”
As the nation’s largest-circulation newspaper and the paper of record for the nation’s financial sector, the Wall Street Journal occupies a unique place amid the panoply of American news sources, and not only for its influence on the nation’s economy. The paper is matched only by Fox News in its unabashed alliance with political advocacy organizations associated with Charles and David Koch, the billionaire brothers and noted conservative funders who run Koch Industries, the second-largest privately held corporation in the United States.
One Comment to “Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal implicated in “Prosperity 101,” Koch-funded workplace “education” program”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.