Note how Sun Moon’s Washington Times portrays this righteous effort to get honest types elected as Secretaries of State—types like Mark Ritchie, Minnesota’s SoS, who really does believe in counting every vote.
Of course, since Soros is involved, the Rev. Sun Moon’s newspaper casts the whole thing as a devilish ploy (as the GOP will likely do, since that newspaper is a propaganda weapon for that party):
“The group’s website said it wants to stop Republicans from ‘manipulating’ election results.”
I love those eye-rolling quotation marks. Such irony is almost as amusing as the notion that the Rev. Sun Moon is an honest man and firm believer in democracy—just like Karl Rove, Andrew Breitbart, James O’Keefe, John Fund and all the other honest men who’ve done so much to keep this nation under GOP control, contrary to the will of the electorate.
Anyway, hats off to Soros (who could stand to do a little more to put this fundamental issue on the national radar screen).
Soros and liberal groups seeking top election posts in battleground states
Billionaire hedge-fund operator George Soros is among wealthy liberal activists who have contributed to the Secretary of State Project, a 527 organization that works to put progressive Democrats in office overseeing elections in battleground states. (Associated Press)
By Chuck Neubauer
The Washington Times
9:00 p.m., Thursday, June 23, 2011
A small tax-exempt political group with ties to wealthy liberals like billionaire financier George Soros has quietly helped elect 11 reform-minded progressive Democrats as secretaries of state to oversee the election process in battleground states and keep Republican “political operatives from deciding who can vote and how those votes are counted.”
Known as the Secretary of State Project (SOSP), the organization was formed by liberal activists in 2006 to put Democrats in charge of state election offices, where key decisions often are made in close races on which ballots are counted and which are not.
The group’s website said it wants to stop Republicans from “manipulating” election results.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.