If you get News from Underground—by email, Twitter, Facebook, or by visiting the blog—I hope you’ll help us keep it going with a small donation. We don’t need much, as we’re a very modest and efficient operation; but it does cost us a little bit to keep it up; and so, from time to time, we have to turn to you for some assistance. And such a time is now. We need your help right now, or we will have to shut this service down on August 1st.
Now, when I say “small donation,” I do mean it. If things are tight for you right now (they’re pretty tight for most of us these days), you can arrange to have one dollar every month, or two, or five, sent automatically. (If you can manage somewhat more, that would be great, as it will help us keep our focus on the news.) Whatever you can do will mean a lot to us, because it means you want to help us make a difference.
And, as I’ve said before, that’s what we’re trying to do—and it’s a lot. It may not take a ton of money, but it does take time and thought, and technical resources, to find the news that people need to hear, and to present it, and explain it, in a way that makes its meaning and importance clear. By doing that daily work—and getting you to spread the word as well—we can get others to perceive that we need radical reform (some dare call it revolution), and that such change (real change) is possible.
Without you, we can’t do it. With you, we can certainly do that, and thereby help the rest do much, much more, by fighting back at last, until we win.
2 Comments to “How do you like News from Underground?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.