Good evening, Mark,
Although the mass media coverage is long gone, millions of progressives are still following the Wisconsin struggle and wishing us on to final victory. One of the questions I’ve been hearing most in the past several weeks has been, “How can we support the recalls?”
The short answer is that the best way to support a change in Wisconsin’s legislature is to directly support those progressives running in these elections. As you know, I am a longtime member of the Green Party. But for me, as with many who are members of other parties, I am progressive first, and will support progressives when they run, regardless of party affiliation. I can’t speak to all the candidates running for election this summer, but I can tell you that Wisconsin’s progressive movement will be greatly advanced if Jess King, Shelly Moore, Fred Clark, and Andy Heidt are elected to the legislature.
- Attorney Jess King is running for the State Senate in the Fox Valley. I served with Jess for several years on the board of the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Wisconsin. She is a progressive attorney in the tradition of former Attorney General Peg Lautenshlager. To donate or volunteer: http://www.jessicakingforsenate.com/
- Shelly Moore is running for election in northern Wisconsin’s 10th Senate District. I last knew Shelly in the late 1990s, when she was a leader in the UW-Stevens Point student association, and a strong activist and ally in the student movement against tuition hikes and for student power. To donate or volunteer: http://mooreforwisconsin.com/
- Rep. Fred Clark is running the 14th Senate district, just north of Madison in the Baraboo Hills. As a member of the Assembly, he has been one of Wisconsin’s most effective and stalwart advocates for ecology and conservation. To donate or volunteer: http://www.clarkforwisconsin.org/
- Labor leader Andy Heidt is running in a special election in Madison’s 48th Assembly District. In a Democratic primary in which every candidate scrambles to call themselves “progressive,” Andy is in a class of his own. I met him over twenty years ago when I was a student at Madison West, and he was already a veteran activist in Madison’s progressive community. Andy is another person who puts progressive politics ahead of party affiliation. To donate or volunteer: http://www.andyheidtforassembly.com/
Beyond direct support for candidates, there is a need to insure that the outcome of the election reflects the actual will of the electorate; that these elections are not stolen. The Wisconsin Wave, among other organizations, will be making an effort to protect election integrity this summer. Please stay tuned for ways you can help protect our elections from fraud. And please do what you can to help our progressive allies in their camapaigns.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.