With Feingold and Sestak also having been “defeated,” that would make three Repub Senators who shouldn’t be there. There are now 47 (or “47”), when there should be (at least) only 44—which means that there should be 54 Democratic Senators, not 51. (There are 2 independents.)
(It’s worth noting that Feingold, Sestak and Giannoulias were notably to the left of, say, Chuck Schumer and Harry Reid.)
We also need to figure out how many Tea-baggers were ACTUALLY elected to the House, and to the nation’s Statehouses.
(And we must ask this question, too: Would Obama really like to have that much less hard-right “opposition”? I bet he wouldn’t, as it would be then be harder for him to pull off his own right-wing agenda—yes, you read that right—if he didn’t have the GOP to blame it on.)
Illinois 2010 Senate True Vote Analysis
June 18, 2011
This is an analysis of the 2010 Illinois senate race in which Kirk (Rep) defeated Giannoulias (Dem) by 60,000 recorded votes (49.2-47.6%).
The True Vote analysis indicates that Giannoulias won by more than 100,000 votes.
The Final Illinois 2010 Exit Poll indicated that 56% of the votes recorded were cast by returning Obama voters and 38% by returning McCain voters.
The 2008 Presidential True Vote analysis indicates that Obama won nationally by 58-40% – a 22 million vote margin (only 9.5 million was recorded). Forcing the State and National Exit Polls to match the recorded vote is standard operating procedure. In order to force a match in 2004 and 2008, the exit pollsters had to assume an impossible number of returning Bush voters from the previous election. The Final Exit Poll is forced to match the recorded vote by adjusting the returning voter mix and/or the vote shares. In 2004, the impossible 43% returning Bush 2000 share insufficient to match the recorded vote. The exit pollsters had to increase his vote shares as well.
The returning voter mix should reflect the previous election True Vote, not the recorded vote.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The International Human Press
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.