Wisconsin 2010 Senate True Vote Analysis
June 12, 2011
This is a True Vote analysis of the 2010 Wisconsin senate race. The Final 2010 Wisconsin Senate Exit Poll was forced to match the recorded vote (Johnson defeated Feingold by 52-47%). Forcing a match to the recorded vote is standard operating procedure on the part of the exit pollsters. In order to force a match in 2004 and 2008, the exit pollsters had to assume an impossible number of returning Bush voters from the previous election.
The returning voter mix should reflect the previous election True Vote, not the recorded vote, In 2010, the Final WI senate exit poll was again forced to match the recorded vote. In the Final, the exit pollsters indicate that 49% of the 2010 recorded vote were cast by returning Obama voters and 43% by returning McCain voters. The 49/43 ratio is consistent with Obama’s 7.5% recorded vote margin. But the 2008 True Vote analysis indicates that Obama won by 57-41% – a 22 million vote margin (only 9.5 million was recorded).
It is logical to assume that there were more returning Obama voters than indicated in the 2010 WI exit poll. Therefore, the returning Obama/McCain share (mix) of the 2010 vote was changed from 49/43% to 52/40%. If this was indeed the case, then election fraud may very well have cost Feingold the election. The True Vote analysis indicates that Finegold may have had a 51% vote share.
The Sensitivity Analysis displays Feingold’s vote share for various returning voter and vote share scenarios. Although the Final Exit Poll is always forced to match the recorded vote, the Base Case True Vote scenario assumes the Final exit poll vote shares; only the returning voter mix was adjusted. However, it is likely that the vote shares were also adjusted to force the match.
I have included a comparable Oregon analysis. In Oregon, Senator Wyden, a popular progressive like Finegold, was re-elected with 57% share, closely matching Obama’s 56.8% share.
Obama had 56.2% in Wisconsin, 9% above Finegold’s 47% recorded share.
One Comment to “Feingold WON re-election (by 51%), True Vote analysis tells us”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.