No dirty texts? What if you want to send your honey a hot little reminiscence, or a dirty joke?
Sorry, Apple won’t allow it.
Now Apple wants to block iPhone users from filming live events with their smartphone
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 1:27 PM on 16th June 2011
* Holding up an iPhone will trigger infra-red sensors installed at the venue
* These instruct the device to shut down its camera
The days of filming a live concert or sporting event on your iPhone may soon be a distant memory.
Apple is developing software that will sense when a smartphone user is trying to record a live event, and then switch off the device’s camera.
Anybody holding up their iPhone will find it triggers infra-red sensors installed at the venue.
One Comment to “Apple to block iPhone users from filming live events (and plans also to block “sexting”)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Massive protest fails to halt tuition hikes at UC
- TPP will let corporations rule the world—and so the corporate press has blacked it out…
- Cult-like corporation takes a shot at freedom of the press
- UK students offer model for the world, by marching for “free education”
- Testing for Ebola in a New York minute!
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- US news blackout on Ebola death in Brooklyn?
- US votes AGAINST resolution condemning the glorification of Nazism
- How the Israel lobby protected Ukraine's neo-Nazis
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.