Report: American Library Assn. Takes Up Resolutions in Support of WikiLeaks, Bradley Manning
Friday, June 24, 2011
By Susan Jones
(CNSNews.com) – At its annual convention in New Orleans, the American Library Association is expected to vote on a resolution calling on the U.S. military to release Bradley Manning, the American soldier accused of leaking more than 250,000 classified diplomatic memos to Wikileaks, Fox News reported.
The ALA resolution reportedly compares Manning’s leak to the “courageous action” of Daniel Ellsberg, who in 1971 released the Pentagon Papers, a top-secret study of U.S. government decision-making about the Vietnam War, to The New York Times and other newspapers. Ellsberg himself is scheduled to give a presentation at the ALA conference on Sunday afternoon.
Fox News reported that resolution is based on the American Library Association’s strong support for “the principle of government accountability and the protection of whistleblowers.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.