Will the left somehow acknowledge that the voting system in Wisconsin—as in every other state— is problematic, and attempt to deal with it?
Or will they just keep blindly fund-raising, and sending emails, and rallying, and marching, and planning (impossible) “get-out-the-vote” drives, to win their big recall elections on July 12?
If it’s the latter, they’re in serious need of psychiatric care.
Senate passes photo ID bill; some Democrats refuse to vote
By Patrick Marley of the Journal Sentinel
Madison – Senate Republicans approved requiring people to show photo ID at the polls amid a cacophonous vote Thursday, with eight Democrats not even voting on the measure in protest and because of confusion over how the proceedings were conducted.
Immediately after the 19-5 vote was tallied, the crowd in the viewing gallery thundered with chants of “Shame!” as senators exited the chamber. Later, they chanted “Recall!” and sang “We Shall Overcome.”
Republican Gov. Scott Walker plans to sign the bill Wednesday in a ceremony at the Capitol.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.