Speaking of recall elections, do Wisconsin Democrats—or any Democrats—recall all those elections (quite a few by now) that Republicans “won” at the 11th hour, by tiny margins, against all odds? Do Wisconsin Democrats recall the recent “re-election” of Judge David Prosser, who abruptly “won” just after various progressive pundits had hailed Kloppenburg’s victory as a referendum on Scott Walker’s push against the unions?
I pose these questions to suggest that these recall elections, now slated for July 12, are very likely not to turn out as Wisconsin’s Democrats expect—but not because they’ll really be in the minority that day. The Repubs don’t intend to lose those contests, and have everything they need to “win” without majority support.
So what those Democrats had better do ASAP is organize some proper exit polls, and be prepared to keep on fighting even if it looks like they’ve been “beaten.”
Wis. Judge Gives Go-Ahead To July 12 Recalls, Over Dem Objections
Eric Kleefeld | April 29, 2011, 3:50PM
A Dane County, WI judge has approved a request by the state Government Accountability Board (GAB), which oversees elections in the state, to delay some state Senate recall elections and consolidate them into one day on July 12. In the course of making that decision, the judge turned back Democratic objections that some of their recalls should proceed as quickly as possible in June.A Dane County, WI judge has approved a request by the state Government Accountability Board (GAB), which oversees elections in the state, to delay some state Senate recall elections and consolidate them into one day on July 12. In the course of making that decision, the judge turned back Democratic objections that some of their recalls should proceed as quickly as possible in June.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.