It’s Time to Break Up AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Time Warner and the Rest of the Telecoms
By David Rosen and Bruce Kushnick, AlterNet
Posted on May 11, 2011, Printed on May 13, 2011
To join the fight to break up the telecom giants, check out the Web site Break Up the Communications Trusts! and ‘like’ them on Facebook.
At the dawn of the 20th century, the oil pipes defined America. As the 21st century emerges, the information pipes define America and the world.
A century ago, a courageous muckraker, Ida Tarbell, wrote a series of articles that lead to the breakup of Standard Oil, which had become a trust controlling the energy and associated industries to fix prices, restrict competition and harm the nation.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.