Get ready for mandatory state-issued ID’s, longer residency requirements and the end of same-day registration.
Committee on Election and Campaign Reform
The committee will hold an executive session on the following items at the time specified below:
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Assembly Bill 7
Relating to: requiring certain identification in order to vote at a polling place or obtain an absentee ballot, verification of the addresses of electors, absentee voting procedure in certain residential care apartment complexes and adult family homes, identification cards issued by the Department of Transportation, creating an identification certificate issued by the Department of Transportation, requiring the exercise of rule-making authority, and providing a penalty.
By Representatives Stone, Tauchen, Honadel, J. Ott, Vos, Pridemore, Bernier, LeMahieu, August, Spanbauer, Kramer, Petersen, Ziegelbauer, Kestell, Ripp, Van Roy, Kerkman, Jacque, Litjens, Nass, Kaufert, Strachota, Steineke, Kapenga, Krug, Farrow, Knodl, Kleefisch, Kooyenga, Ballweg, Endsley, Rivard, Thiesfeldt, A. Ott, Petryk, Williams, Severson, Wynn, Knudson, Kuglitsch, Petrowski, Nygren, Meyer, Tiffany, Bies, Knilans, J. Fitzgerald and Klenke; cosponsored by Senators Leibham, Lazich, Vukmir, Kapanke, Grothman, Darling, Galloway, Wanggaard, Kedzie, Ellis, Zipperer, Olsen, Schultz, Moulton, Lasee, Cowles, Hopper, Harsdorf, S. Fitzgerald and Carpenter.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.