Wisconsin state Sen. Scott Fitzgerald says some people have been found to be voting five or six times a day
Wisconsin Republicans have long pushed unsuccessfully for a photo identification requirement at the polls, citing the need to guard against voter fraud.
So it was not a surprise when the incoming Senate majority leader, Republican Scott Fitzgerald, told reporters a photo ID bill would be the first introduced in 2011. But a recent Fitzgerald statement in defense of photo ID, made to a Green Bay journalist, was an eyebrow raiser.
A Green Bay Press-Gazette editorial on Dec. 9, 2010 quoted Fitzgerald saying: “We continue to see these isolated incidents of people trying to vote five, six times a day; people voting based on some sort of fraudulent documentation that’s offered…People think it’s important they have open, good, solid, free elections.”
3 Comments to “Walker capo Fitzgerald rolls out Big Lie—”Some Dems are voting 5, 6 times a day!”—to push GOP photo ID bill”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.