He wants to “create jobs”—for undertakers.
Gov. Walker signs bill blocking communities from passing sick leave ordinances
Governor says the new bill removes another barrier to creating jobs
MADISON (AP) Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that prohibits local governments from passing ordinances guaranteeing workers’ paid sick and family leave.
The Republican measure came after a state appeals court upheld a Milwaukee ordinance requiring employers to give workers paid sick leave. Milwaukee voters overwhelmingly approved the ordinance by referendum two years ago but it’s been tied up in the courts ever since.
The bill declares that statewide employee leave provisions trump local ordinances and prohibits cities, villages, towns and counties from adopting their own.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- The International Human Press
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.