Walker Demands More Power
SUNDAY, 22 MAY 2011 19:54 PAUL I. TASCOUPE
Scott Walker CorruptionMadison Wisconsin — On Thursday May 19, 2011 lawmakers in the State Assembly voted to give Dictator Walker the power to veto new state rules that have the force of law. If you didn’t catch that, I encourage you to read that line again. It is almost mind boggling how much power the legislature has been willing to cede to it’s king. As much as Republican lawmakers in the assembly feel this action is benign — it is becoming more and more apparent that Walker seeks total control over Wisconsin and her citizens.
The Assembly passed the bill 55-34, as you can guess, all republicans voted for its passage. The bill will now go to the king’s desk for his signature. For anyone that has been paying attention in Wisconsin over the last several months, this whole idea of a government with checks and balances has become a malignant tumor-like growth to republicans, who are treating it with doses of radioactive legislation. The citizens of Wisconsin are now subject to the powers of an absolute dictator who gleefully wraps his iron fist around the throat of the once proud working class of this state – and does so with impunity.
The Assembly rubber-stamped preliminary proposals to repeal early-release for prisoners (passed in 2009 under Governor Doyle), legislature that will repeal a mandated study on use of racial profiling by police when make traffic stops, and to give Walker the power to appoint the state Veterans Affairs Secretary. Each of these may seem like minor changes to Wisconsin law – but this power in the hand of King Walker is likely to be abused. For example, why would Walker want to keep people in prison without the possibility for early release? The state is broke after all. The answer — prisoners make 2 dollars an hour, can we all say enslavement? The repeal of the study on racial profiling is yet another (remember Voter ID) slap to minorities and African Americans. Guess what, the police can pull you over because the color of your skin, so says King Walker. Finally, the Assembly has turned over to Walker the ability to appoint corporate lobbyists to fill government appointments at the dictator’s pleasure.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.