Barack Obama, like Bill Clinton before him, has been blessed with enemies so loathsome that it’s a major challenge not to take his side against them, even though his policies are often not that far (or any different) from theirs.
And of all Obama’s loathsome enemies, certainly the loathsomest of all is Donald Trump. So it’s both highly gratifying, and a big loss for the president, that this brutal honking clown has evidently dropped from first place in the hearts (if any) of Republicans to a tie for fifth place—a sudden 18-point plunge from 26% to 8%.
So who will take his place as dog in the unending dog-and-pony show that is America’s two-party politics (Obama being the current pony)? Sarah Palin will certainly do; but she has plenty of stiff competition, which is all good for the president. (Or so it will appear, unless/until the GOP can steal it for their guy, as usual.)
Trump Collapses In Republican Primary PollEmily Swanson
Donald Trump’s brief flirtation with the lead in Republican primary polls may be over, according to a new poll released Tuesday.
The survey, conducted by the Democratic firm Public Policy Polling, found Trump garnering only 8 percent of potential Republican primary voters, down from 26 percent who said they would support him if he ran in PPP’s previous survey. That plunge in support was enough to drop him from a solid first place to a tie for fifth place.
As recently as last week, a CNN poll conducted April 29-May 1 found Trump vying for the lead in the Republican primary with 14 percent to Mike Huckabee’s 16 percent. So far, Republican primary surveys have shown that no frontrunner has emerged in the race, which means that candidate rankings in those surveys can be particularly volatile.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- The Ostroy Report
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.