Osama bin Laden is dead, Obama to announce
Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind al-Qaida, is dead, President Obama to announce from the White House
Richard Adams and Declan Walsh
guardian.co.uk, Monday 2 May 2011
Osama bin Laden, the criminal mastermind behind al-Qaida and the world’s most sought-after terrorist since the attacks of 11 September 2001, has been killed by a US operation, President Barack Obama will announce late on Sunday night.
Osama’s body is in possession of the US, having been killed in Pakistan as the result of a US special forces and CIA operation, according to the first leaks of reporting from the US television networks.
There were conflicting early reports about the circumstances of bin Laden’s death. CNN reported that he been killed at a “mansion near Islamabad” by a “US military operation”. Other sources said he had been killed in Afghanistan.
5 Comments to “Osama’s dead, so is the US “war on terror” over now?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Comcast throws in the towel, won’t eat Time Warner after all
- “Why Obama Should Pardon Don Siegelman” (Jeffrey Toobin in The New Yorker!)
- California’s not the only one: 40 states will start going dry in next ten years
- Catholic right goes ape over Pope Francis’ “green agenda”
- Those who forget how Jeb helped steal the White House for his brother have doomed the rest of us to living under HIM as “president”
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11 on
- TEPCO slammed for year-long cover-up of latest radioactive leak on
- If Jeb Bush steals the White House, he’ll cut Medicaid, raise the retirement age, means test Social Security, and…. on
- Don Siegelman won’t be released from prison (WHY won’t Obama pardon him?) on
- Democrats won’t say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein—and neither will Republicans! (How come?) on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren's petition to halt "fast track" of TPP!
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.