Osama bin Laden is dead, Obama to announce
Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind al-Qaida, is dead, President Obama to announce from the White House
Richard Adams and Declan Walsh
guardian.co.uk, Monday 2 May 2011
Osama bin Laden, the criminal mastermind behind al-Qaida and the world’s most sought-after terrorist since the attacks of 11 September 2001, has been killed by a US operation, President Barack Obama will announce late on Sunday night.
Osama’s body is in possession of the US, having been killed in Pakistan as the result of a US special forces and CIA operation, according to the first leaks of reporting from the US television networks.
There were conflicting early reports about the circumstances of bin Laden’s death. CNN reported that he been killed at a “mansion near Islamabad” by a “US military operation”. Other sources said he had been killed in Afghanistan.
5 Comments to “Osama’s dead, so is the US “war on terror” over now?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When it comes to election fraud, InfoWars is just as blind as all our other media
- While Obama preaches “human rights” to Russia, Don Siegelman sits shackled in an Alabama courtroom, spends Christmas in solitary confinement
- Racist NY cops colluding with Republicans to undermine de Blasio
- Wisconsin court examining Scott Walker’s case is mostly just as dirty as Scott Walker
- A New York City cop speaks out on those who turned their backs on Mayor de Blasio
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- URGENT! How George Bush "beat" John Kerry in 2004: Ken Blackwell's secret CONTRACT with Mike Connell, to rip off Ohio's vote
- Suburban Guerrilla
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Media Matters
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.