Osama bin Laden is dead, Obama to announce
Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind al-Qaida, is dead, President Obama to announce from the White House
Richard Adams and Declan Walsh
guardian.co.uk, Monday 2 May 2011
Osama bin Laden, the criminal mastermind behind al-Qaida and the world’s most sought-after terrorist since the attacks of 11 September 2001, has been killed by a US operation, President Barack Obama will announce late on Sunday night.
Osama’s body is in possession of the US, having been killed in Pakistan as the result of a US special forces and CIA operation, according to the first leaks of reporting from the US television networks.
There were conflicting early reports about the circumstances of bin Laden’s death. CNN reported that he been killed at a “mansion near Islamabad” by a “US military operation”. Other sources said he had been killed in Afghanistan.
5 Comments to “Osama’s dead, so is the US “war on terror” over now?”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Wisconsin case suggests how vote fraud “re-elected” Walker and the other fascists there
- The neoliberal drive to wreck our universities by “re-inventing” them
- Michigan’s “thriving” charter schools are worse than public schools, with no accountability (Detroit Free Press)
- Wikileaks cables confirm that Ukraine’s president has been working for the US since 2006
- Cantor’s “upset” may have been another Koch-run coup
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- After pushing it for years, Bill and Melinda Gates now back away from high-stakes testing
- The neoliberal drive to wreck our universities by "re-inventing" them
- Wisconsin case suggests how vote fraud "re-elected" Walker and the other fascists there
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- alias Bruce
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.