Osama bin Laden is dead, Obama to announce
Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind al-Qaida, is dead, President Obama to announce from the White House
Richard Adams and Declan Walsh
guardian.co.uk, Monday 2 May 2011
Osama bin Laden, the criminal mastermind behind al-Qaida and the world’s most sought-after terrorist since the attacks of 11 September 2001, has been killed by a US operation, President Barack Obama will announce late on Sunday night.
Osama’s body is in possession of the US, having been killed in Pakistan as the result of a US special forces and CIA operation, according to the first leaks of reporting from the US television networks.
There were conflicting early reports about the circumstances of bin Laden’s death. CNN reported that he been killed at a “mansion near Islamabad” by a “US military operation”. Other sources said he had been killed in Afghanistan.
5 Comments to “Osama’s dead, so is the US “war on terror” over now?”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Profs sue NYU over pay cuts
- Mortality rate at Goldman Sachs spikes yet AGAIN as managing director dies in “kite surfing accident”
- Six ways in which the MSM deludes Americans with whopping lies (MUST-READ)
- 3 new JP Morgan IT deaths include so-called “murder/suicide”
- Did US spy satellites see Ukrainian troops shoot down that Malaysian plane?
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Russia won't take control of Malaysian plane's black boxes; calls for international inquiry
- Wikileaks cables confirm that Ukraine's president has been working for the US since 2006
- How to get medical aid into Gaza
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.