Osama bin Laden is dead, Obama to announce
Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind al-Qaida, is dead, President Obama to announce from the White House
Richard Adams and Declan Walsh
guardian.co.uk, Monday 2 May 2011
Osama bin Laden, the criminal mastermind behind al-Qaida and the world’s most sought-after terrorist since the attacks of 11 September 2001, has been killed by a US operation, President Barack Obama will announce late on Sunday night.
Osama’s body is in possession of the US, having been killed in Pakistan as the result of a US special forces and CIA operation, according to the first leaks of reporting from the US television networks.
There were conflicting early reports about the circumstances of bin Laden’s death. CNN reported that he been killed at a “mansion near Islamabad” by a “US military operation”. Other sources said he had been killed in Afghanistan.
5 Comments to “Osama’s dead, so is the US “war on terror” over now?”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MCM talks about Forbidden Bookshelf (dynamite interview with Peter B. Collins)
- St. Louis cops pick off another citizen, then lie about it (VIDEO)
- This is the way the world ends—not with a bang, but a Happy Meal
- Those robo-cops in Ferguson—and not just there—are out to kill the poor (MUST-READ by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar)
- Detroit protesters win a moratorium on water shutoff, call for probe of vast corruption
- wine bar lakeland on More Americans think Snowden is a patriot than a traitor
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Pressure at work on “Liberal election fraud running rampant” in Arizona, say Tea-Baggers!
- Russians offer evidence of Kiev's trigger hand in MH17 downing
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Why are all those trolls out there? NYTimes' Fahrad Manjoo blames "incivility"—not the state or corporations
- Fukushima is still poisoning the world
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.