Native American group challenges hundreds of recall signatures against lawmaker By Brian Bull
Monday, May 2, 2011
(UNDATED) The Democratic Party of Wisconsin’s American Indian Caucus is challenging the validity of more than 400 signatures gathered in a recall effort against Democratic state Senator Jim Holperin.
Caucus chair Diana Miller says her organization is collecting affidavits from residents of the MenomineeIndian reservation. Miller says they’ve heard that recently, a non-Indian woman was at gas stations in Keshena and Neopit, urging locals to sign a petition.
“She was telling people that — as they were trying to get their gas — that if they wanted to help the Dems, to sign this petition,” says Miller. “Nobody bothered to read the petition, and we are by and large, overwhelmingly Democrat up there, and they just signed the paper.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.