The Future of Education, Big Business Style
Posted May 9th, 2011 by Kim Hoffman
If the former DC schools Chancellor, Michelle Rhee
intends to reform education, the last people she would
be aligning herself with would be governors Scott
Walker and Tom Corbett, right? Yet that is exactly who
she will be speaking along side at The American
Federation for Children Annual Policy Conference,
Monday May 9th, in Washington D.C.
The AFC is a group founded by a small core of wealthy
conservatives dedicated to the dismantling of public
education. AFC and its partners have contributed
millions of dollars to anti-public education movements
in states across the nation, including Pennsylvania and
Wisconsin. It is no surprise to see people such as
Betsy DeVos (sister of Eric Prince of Blackwater)
crusading and fundraising millions of dollars
supporting the AFC’s goal to privatize education.
Former Chancellor Michelle Rhee will be speaking at the
AFC event with Governor Walker who recently proposed an
$835 million cut in aid to public schools. What could
the two possibly have in common? Well, money of
course. In order to profit from education you must
first privatize it.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.