IRS Grants Nonprofit Status To James O’Keefe’s ‘Project Veritas’
First Posted: 05/26/11 03:24 PM ET Updated: 05/26/11 03:24 PM ET
An organization founded by conservative filmmaker and self-proclaimed “muckraking journalist” James O’Keefe has been granted nonprofit status by the IRS.
O’Keefe told The Chronicle of Philanthropy that he’s glad he can begin to garner tax-deductible donations for his organization:
“We’re pleased that Project Veritas’ nonprofit status has been approved. Our nonpartisan mission of exposing corruption while training new, investigative journalists can now be fully supported by donors who require a tax-exemption for their generous contributions.”
On its website, Project Veritas describes itself as bringing “transparency into the back-room deals” by using investigative journalism tactics.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.