Osama Prepared to Flee, Told Children in Will Not to Join Al Qaeda
By Julianne Escobedo Shepherd, AlterNet
Posted on May 4, 2011, Printed on May 4, 2011
As new details of the hunt for and killing of Osama bin Laden are revealed, the saga becomes increasingly fascinating. Here is the latest update of breaking news from the Abbottabad compound:
– bin Laden\’s four-page will, published in a Kuwaiti newspaper, apologizes to his 24 children for neglecting them throughout his life, and ordered his wives not to remarry but to devote their lives to raising their kids. He also beseeched them not to fight jihad, in a parallel with Islamic leader Omar bin al-Khattab, who instructed the same to his own son. His vast fortune is not mentioned.
– At the time of his death, he had 500 Euros and two telephone numbers sewn into his clothing, according to a classified briefing of Congress yesterday by CIA Director Leon Panetta. bin Laden apparently believed that he would receive notice prior to any US attack, indicating his total trust in his own networks. \’That view may also be buttressed by the White House’s revelation that bin Laden was not armed when he was killed in a Sunday raid by a Navy SEAL team,\’ writes Politico. \’That team was able to capture intelligence — including computers and thumb drives, and, apparently, the phone numbers bin Laden was carrying.\’
One Comment to “In his will, Osama urged his children “not to fight jihad””
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Talking Points Memo
- Words of Power
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.