Osama Prepared to Flee, Told Children in Will Not to Join Al Qaeda
By Julianne Escobedo Shepherd, AlterNet
Posted on May 4, 2011, Printed on May 4, 2011
As new details of the hunt for and killing of Osama bin Laden are revealed, the saga becomes increasingly fascinating. Here is the latest update of breaking news from the Abbottabad compound:
– bin Laden\’s four-page will, published in a Kuwaiti newspaper, apologizes to his 24 children for neglecting them throughout his life, and ordered his wives not to remarry but to devote their lives to raising their kids. He also beseeched them not to fight jihad, in a parallel with Islamic leader Omar bin al-Khattab, who instructed the same to his own son. His vast fortune is not mentioned.
– At the time of his death, he had 500 Euros and two telephone numbers sewn into his clothing, according to a classified briefing of Congress yesterday by CIA Director Leon Panetta. bin Laden apparently believed that he would receive notice prior to any US attack, indicating his total trust in his own networks. \’That view may also be buttressed by the White House’s revelation that bin Laden was not armed when he was killed in a Sunday raid by a Navy SEAL team,\’ writes Politico. \’That team was able to capture intelligence — including computers and thumb drives, and, apparently, the phone numbers bin Laden was carrying.\’
One Comment to “In his will, Osama urged his children “not to fight jihad””
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.