Kloppenburg campaign raises ballot bag security concern in Waukesha County recount
By Laurel Walker of the Journal Sentinel
Updated: May 5, 2011 2:06 p.m.
Waukesha – An observer for Assistant Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg objected Thursday morning to the security of bags holding Supreme Court ballots from the City of Brookfield because of a gap opening on the ballot bags.
They’ve raised similar objections four or five times in Waukesha County since the start of the recount, said retired Circuit Court Judge Robert Mawdsley, who’s overseeing the county recount. In an interview, he agreed with objector Bill Hotz’s observation that the bag opening from Brookfield was the largest seen so far.
Hotz said poorly sealed bags or torn bags appear to be a common problem, but they were evident on five of six Brookfield bags that were counted first thing Thursday. He objected to the counting of those ballots where bags appeared to be open.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.