Arizona SWAT Team Shoots Latino Former Marine Dozens of Times
by Thoai Lu
Tuesday, May 17 2011, 4:11 AM EST
Police authorities in Pima County, Arizona are under fire this week after shooting a former Marine dozens of times during a SWAT team raid. Jose Guerena, a 26-year-old Tucson native, was shot and killed on May 5 during the raid. In total, more than 70 shots were fired, and Guerena was suffered a total of 60 wounds. What’s even worse is that Gerena’s wife spent more than five minutes pleading for help from emergency responders. Police officials still have not released information about why Guerena’s home was targeted.
The Arizona Daily Star reported Saturday that Guerena, 26 was alarmed by his wife at about 9:30 a.m., when he was sleeping after a graveyard shift, that she heard noises outside and a man was at their window. Guerena grabbed a AR-15 rifle and was mortally wounded by authorities.
Vanessa Guerena tearfully told 911 operators that her husband had been shot by a “bunch of people” who came into their home. During the five-minute call, dispatchers worked to determine if she was calling from a residence where the SWAT team was serving a search warrant. Audio records show that Drexel Heights Fire Department dispatched a medical unit at 9:43 a.m., but the Sheriff Department told them to hold off because they might be dealing with a “barricaded subject.”
One Comment to “AZ SWAT team massacres Latino ex-Marine in his own home, and won’t say why his home was targeted”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.