MS Governor to Poor Residents Facing Historic Floods: Good Luck, You’re Basically on Your Own
By Lauren Kelley, AlterNet
Posted on May 13, 2011, Printed on May 13, 2011
Let’s say you’re the governor of a state that’s about to face near record-breaking floods, and those floods are expected to disproportionately affect one of the most poverty-stricken areas of the United States. What would be on your agenda? Mobilizing an evacuation plan, pehaps? Or maybe preparing to offer state assistance to flood victims?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.