Kloppenburg concedes Supreme Court election (AUDIO)
by BOB HAGUE on MAY 31, 2011
The state Supreme Court election is now officially over. “I have reviewed the record. I have reviewed the evidence, I have reviewed the law,” candidate JoAnne Kloppenburg said during a Madison press conference on Tuesday in which she announced she won’t seek judicial review of the results of the race for state Supreme Court. “It would serve no purpose to bring a suit with insufficent legal basis. That is not the kind of lawyer that I am.” Kloppenburg said her campaign “did the right thing” in requesting a recount, the final results of which showed incumbent Justice David Prosser winning by just over seven-thousand votes. Kloppenburg picked up 683 votes in the recount her campaign requested, while Prosser gained 371 votes. Kloppenburg said she called Prosser to congratulate him.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Election Defense Alliance
- History Unfolding
- Barry Gordon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.