With $42 Billion and 7 Homes, Why Are the Kochs Buying our Democracy?
Posted by Robert Greenwald
The Koch brothers had plenty of places to party after their triumphs last November. They might’ve celebrated at any one of their multiple homes in five states worth a total of $105.9 million.
And that’s not including the Koch’s two-story single family home that David Koch bought for his children as a play house.
The billionaire brothers who brought you Tea Party groups like Americans for Prosperity and anti-worker governors like Scott Walker and John Kasich are now attacking some of the most vulnerable Americans like Susan Montalbano and Wendy and Jerry McDowell.
What Would You Say to the Koch Brothers if You Had the Chance?
By Adele M. Stan, 358
Posted on May 5, 2011, Printed on May 7, 2011
Brave New Foundation\’s latest video project, Koch Brothers Exposed, launched a video yesterday that features activists knocking on the doors (or talking through the intercoms at the gates) of five mulitimillion-dollar homes belonging to either Charles or David Koch, the principals of Koch Industries, the second-largest privately held corporation in the United States. The video bears the title, “The Kochs are Buying Our Democracy.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Ostroy Report
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.