A Closer Look at the Ongoing Wisconsin Recount
By Joan Brunwasser
My guest today is Brian Pruka. You’re a Wisconsin resident currently observing the recount for the local Supreme Court race. What got you interested in this process?
Hi, Joan. I am, as you said, a Wisconsin citizen, 47 years old. Right now I work a couple of part-time and temporary jobs to get by. I am an ecologist by training, and I work in the field of wildlife conservation during the summer. Since I’m not employed at a full-time job, I have some time to look into what is going on with the Waukesha County recount.
I went to the Waukesha County Courthouse last Monday, May 9, to see for myself what is going on with the recount. I stayed 4.5 hours. I live in Madison, a 2.5 hour round trip and $16 in gas money, so the rest of the week I’ve just checked in to an Internet livestream video at www.livestream.com/waukeshacounty. Anyone can watch, although the way the camera is set up, you can’t see most of what is going on. It is far, far from a complete video documentation.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Cody Lyon
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.