These neo-Jim Crow bills were mostly fathered by the mighty ALEC, the plutocratic pressure group that serves the interests of the Kochs et al. What that cabal really wants is not secure elections, but no elections worthy of the name.
The first two pieces here are from Wisconsin, while the third one is a righteous NYTimes editorial.
Bill affects more than voter ID
Absentee ballots limited, primary date moved in new GOP version
By Patrick Marley of the Journal Sentinel
Madison – The latest version of a bill requiring voters to show photo ID at the polls would make sweeping changes to Wisconsin elections – moving the September primary to August, tightening rules on absentee ballots and ending straight-ticket voting.
Diverse Voices Register Opposition to Unneeded Voter Identification Bill
Costly Plan Would Lead to Disenfranchisement, Targets Problem Which Does Not Exist
Madison – Opponents of proposed legislation to restrict voter access to the polls, gathered at the State Capitol Wednesday to condemn so-called Voter ID legislation as a costly, unnecessary plan, which could lead to the disenfranchisement of untold tens of thousands of eligible voters in every corner of Wisconsin.
The Republican Threat to Voting
Less than a year before the 2012 presidential voting begins, Republican legislatures and governors across the country are rewriting voting laws to make it much harder for the young, the poor and African-Americans – groups that typically vote Democratic – to cast a ballot.
One Comment to “Wisconsin’s so-called “voter ID bill” is actually an ANTI-VOTING BILL, as are the others like it nationwide (3 items)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- alias Bruce
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.