Certainly there ought to be a federal probe of Kathy Nickolaus’s management of the
election in her county, and a recount of the ballots there. But it would be pretty stupid
to look there and nowhere else, as the Republicans steal votes all over. That’s not a”conspiracy theory” but a well-documented fact; and so those Dems now obsessing on
Waukesha/Nickolaus could stand to read a bit on how the GOP pulls off its “victories”
at the polls.
In 2000, for example, Bush/Cheney didn’t disenfranchise voters just in Palm Beach County, where the then-infamous Theresa LePore designed the butterfly ballot that had many old Jews casting votes for Nazi-friendly Pat Buchanan. All kinds of disenfranchising activities went on throughout South Florida–and places to the north, such as Orlando, Jacksonville and Tallahassee. (For all that, Al Gore still won in Florida that year, although not many people know it; but that’s another matter.)
And in 2004, the theft of the election in Ohio wasn’t concentrated in one place or region but entailed votes stolen (and concocted) everywhere. There were especially egregious rip-offs in three southeastern counties, but not just there. Anyone who wants specific data on the theft in 18 Ohio counties should check out Richard Hayes Phillips’ Witness to a Crime–the result of an exhaustive audit of 126,000 ballots, 127 poll books and 141 voter signature books.
And now Wisconsin, where Koch/Walker very badly wanted Prosser to “prevail” –and, therefore, where whatever happened Wednesday didn’t happen only in one place, but in as many places as the GOP could do its thing; and if the Democrats don’t look into the way the other party operates, they might as well just quit right now.
Prosser camp open to Waukesha County-only recount
Election officials scrutinizing voting results
By Bill Glauber, Jason Stein and Sharif Durhams of the Journal Sentinel
The campaign manager for Justice David Prosser said Saturday he was open to a recount of votes in Waukesha County.
“If you need to do a recount in Waukesha (county) and Waukesha (county) alone to satisfy heightened interest, that’s fine,” said Brian Neimor. “We believe it will only affirm the margin of victory we now enjoy.”
In Waukesha County, thousands of votes from the City of Brookfield that were not reported by the county clerk on election night were discovered the day after. Prosser’s margin of victory in Brookfield helped push him ahead of challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg.
2 Comments to “Why does Prosser want a recount ONLY IN WAUKESHA? WI Democrats should look at other counties, too…”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.