Nate Silver’s explanation doesn’t cut it.
Strange Numbers from Waukesha and Milwaukee Counties on Supreme Court Only Ballots
In this diary, I take a look at some of the strange numbers in regards to Supreme Court ONLY ballots being cast in counties during the April 5th election. Some interesting differences pop out.
Of particular interest is the high number of Supreme Court ONLY ballots in Waukesha County (14.4% of all ballots). This does not compare well with other counties which all have numbers far below this total.
However, there is some serious strangeness when Milwaukee County is looked at. The county as a whole actually had more votes for the County Executive race than it did for the Supreme Court race. This is the exact opposite of every other county, some of which also had County Executive races. Further creating confusion, the City of Milwaukee had 22,000 more votes for Supreme Court than for County Executive. This means that of the rest of Milwaukee County (less than half of the total votes) had at least 22,000 ballots that voted for County Executive but NOT for the Supreme Court race.
One Comment to “Weird numbers from WI Supreme Court-only race in Waukesha AND Milwaukee Counties”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.