Wisconsin needs, ASAP, a public hand-count of all paper ballots! (And Kathy Nickolaus must go!)
Waukesha Follies: 97.63% Turnout in 2004?
20,000 More Votes Than ‘Ballots Cast’ in 2006?
by Brad Friedman
Trying to get to the bottom of new anomalies discovered in County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus’ bizarre election results…
Waukesha County, Wisconsin’s County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus was already known, for some time, to be among the nation’s worst elections officials. And that’s saying quite a bit. But new information being discovered over the past several days suggests she may be even worse than previously known — which is also saying quite a bit.
We noted last Friday that the stunning 14,000+ “new” votes she announced as having discovered in the state’s Supreme Court election from the city of Brookfield last Thursday actually weren’t “new” at all. In fact, they were independently reported late on Election Night by Lisa Sink of the Brookfield Patch, exactly as they were eventually included in Nickolaus’ final canvass report [XLS].
If anything, as we indicated in the same article, it is perhaps more troubling that the city of Brookfield’s numbers didn’t change at all from Election Night, suggesting that the ballots have never been examined by any human beings in order to assure the accuracy of the oft-failed, easily-manipulated optical-scanners used to tabulate the paper ballots in Waukesha (and across most of the state.)
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.