Whatever they thought was fixed must not be fixed.
Team Prosser: We Will Object To Any Recount
Eric Kleefeld | April 18, 2011, 3:07PM
Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser held a press conference at the state Capitol on Monday, in which he declared victory in his reelection race — and at which his campaign advisers said they would object to any recount that might be requested by Prosser’s opponent, Assistant Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg.
During the press conference, Prosser touted his narrow win — by a margin of 7,316 votes, or 0.488% out of almost 1.5 million — as a vote of a confidence in him by the voters, against a late campaign by opponents of Gov. Scott Walker to turn the election into a referendum on Walker’s policies.
“Voters want candidates for the Supreme Court to make an honest case for themselves, a positive case, based on experience, performance, judicial philosophy and independence,” said Prosser. “This was a decisive election about judicial independence. The people realized that judges should be much more than partisan politicians who wear black robes. Judges should be impartial in theory and in fact. They should faithfully apply the law without fear, and without favor.”
One Comment to “Team Prosser now says NO to ANY recount (and they won’t say why)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- History Unfolding
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.