Students Protest UW-Madison Split At Bascom Hall
Protesters Hold Sit-In At Bascom Hall
Updated: 9:12 pm CDT April 26, 2011
MADISON, Wis. — University of Wisconsin-Madison students and campus community members are engaging in a sit-in at Bascom Hall to protest the idea of splitting UW-Madison from the rest of the UW System.
Chanting the words “our house,” protesters entered Bascom Hall Tuesday afternoon to hold a sit-in outside Chancellor Biddy Martin’s office.
Martin has been pushing her plan for the New Badger Partnership, which would spin off UW-Madison from the rest of the UW System.
Gov. Scott Walker included the split in his budget proposal. Under his proposal, UW-Madison would have its own board of trustees and have more leeway on purchasing, construction, money management and tuition.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Barry Gordon
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.