Senators Sucked Up to Qaddafi, Now Call For His Head
By Tim Dickinson
In the Senate, those demanding even harsher prosecution of the Libya war include the three amigos. John McCain, warning that “the blood of Americans is on Qaddafi’s hands,” has called for arming the insurgents, whom Joe Lieberman has praised as “freedom fighters.” Lindsey Graham wants to know why we don’t just take out the Libyan leader like Reagan tried to do:
“Who would be mad at us,” he pressed Pentagon chief Robert Gates yesterday, “if we dropped a bomb on Qaddafi?”
Here’s the curious thing about their hawkish swagger: In August of 2009 – not even two years
ago – McCain, Lieberman, Graham traveled to Tripoli to shake the bloody hand of the freedom-
depriving dictator they now want to assassinate. It was the highest-level meeting of Libyan and American officials since Condi Rice’s state visit in 2008. (The amigos were joined by Susan Collins who has questioned the wisdom of the war.)
One Comment to “Senators who sucked up to Gaddafi now want his head blown off”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- William Betz
- Early America
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.