Rep. Johnson seeks intelligence firms’ contracts in ChamberLeaks scandal
By Dustin • on March 29, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Congressman Hank Johnson (D-GA-04) has requested that the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and Director of National Intelligence turn over to Congress all contracts with intelligence firms HBGary Federal, Palantir Technologies, and Berico Technologies. (Click Read more below to read the letters – .pdf, 3 pgs)
Rep. Johnson has led calls for a formal Congressional probe into allegations that the contractors conspired to use intelligence and counterterrorism tools to attack U.S. citizens. “We need aggressive action to defend American citizens in the cyber domain,” said Johnson. “This scandal cries out for a full investigation. I’ll do it myself if I have to.”
Bush Administration counterterrorism and cybersecurity chief Richard Clarke speculated in an interview with ThinkProgress last week that the private use of cyberwarfare tools against U.S. citizens would constitute a criminal offense. “I think it’s a violation of 10USC,” said Clarke. “I think it’s a felony, and I think they should go to jail.”
One Comment to “Rep. Hank Johnson wants Congressional probe of Chamber’s dirty cyber-tricks”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Richard Charnin
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.