Rep. Johnson seeks intelligence firms’ contracts in ChamberLeaks scandal
By Dustin • on March 29, 2011
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Congressman Hank Johnson (D-GA-04) has requested that the Department of Defense, Department of Justice, and Director of National Intelligence turn over to Congress all contracts with intelligence firms HBGary Federal, Palantir Technologies, and Berico Technologies. (Click Read more below to read the letters – .pdf, 3 pgs)
Rep. Johnson has led calls for a formal Congressional probe into allegations that the contractors conspired to use intelligence and counterterrorism tools to attack U.S. citizens. “We need aggressive action to defend American citizens in the cyber domain,” said Johnson. “This scandal cries out for a full investigation. I’ll do it myself if I have to.”
Bush Administration counterterrorism and cybersecurity chief Richard Clarke speculated in an interview with ThinkProgress last week that the private use of cyberwarfare tools against U.S. citizens would constitute a criminal offense. “I think it’s a violation of 10USC,” said Clarke. “I think it’s a felony, and I think they should go to jail.”
One Comment to “Rep. Hank Johnson wants Congressional probe of Chamber’s dirty cyber-tricks”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.