What’s to “weigh”? Why wouldn’t she?
There are three reasons I can think of:
1. She’s being very careful not to look like a “sore loser,” but will request a recount.
2. She woke up next to a horse’s head this morning.
3. She can’t believe the race was stolen.
I vote for #1, since that’s what I prefer to think is going on.
County tallies show conservative wins re-election in hotly contested Wis. Supreme Court race
By TODD RICHMOND
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — A conservative justice has weathered attempts to link him to Wisconsin’s governor and a divisive union rights law to win re-election, according to county vote totals finalized Friday.
Tallies from each of the state’s 72 counties show Justice David Prosser defeated challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg by 7,316 votes. State election officials said they will wait to declare an official winner until the deadline for Kloppenburg to seek a recount passes. She has until Wednesday to call for one.
If she does, the state would pay for it because the margin between the candidates is less than a half of a percent of the total 1,497,330 votes cast.
Kloppenburg issued a statement that said only that her campaign would weigh whether to request a recount and she would make an announcement no later than Wednesday.
2 Comments to “Prosser “wins”! And Kloppenburg “will weigh whether to request a recount” (?)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Writers Voice
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.