I know and like these guys, but it’s really past time they woke up….
Victory in Wisconsin – Elections Were a Referendum on Walker
1. Victory in Wisconsin (Bold Progressives)
2. Kloppenburg Declares Victory Over Prosser in Wisconsin
Supreme Court Election (John Nichols in The Nation)
3. Wisconsin’s Elections Were a Referendum on Walker
(Matthew Rothschild in The Progressive)
Victory in Wisconsin
BREAKING NEWS: We did it!! Together, progressives defeated
Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s choice for state Supreme
Court — and won back the “swing” vote that could soon
decide whether Walker’s anti-worker bill is illegal.
Kloppenburg Declares Victory Over Prosser in Wisconsin
Supreme Court Election
by John Nichols
Unknown sixth months ago, unviable six weeks ago, first-time candidate JoAnne Kloppenburg declared victory Wednesday in her challenge to a Wisconsin Supreme Court justice closely aligned with Governor Scott Walker.
It was a narrow but stunning upset win for Kloppenburg-204 votes out of almost1.5 million cast-that is all but certain to lead to a recount fight.
Wisconsin’s Elections Were a Referendum on Walker
By Matthew Rothschild
We had quite an election in Wisconsin on Tuesday.
The turnout was enormous for a spring election, and all eyes were on the state supreme court race, which pitted the incumbent justice, conservative David Prosser, who is closely allied with Governor Walker, against JoAnne Kloppenburg, an old friend and neighbor of mine. She is a wise and kind person and an experienced assistant AG, but she had no name recognition going in.
Amazingly, the race was neck and neck all night long and even as I speak the eventual winner is unclear and it seems all but certain that there will be a recount.
2 Comments to “Progressive pundits hail their VICTORY in Wisconsin! (Oops….)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- History Unfolding
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.