Two important points from Paul Lehto:
Why does Prosser want a recount ONLY IN WAUKESHA?
Mark, here’s my answer, which you can forward if you wish:
1. Waukesha’s friendly territory, controlled by friendlies, and highly
likely to hold up in a recount, especially considering the fact that
stuffed ballot-boxes can be counted and then recounted a million
times with excellent counting skills and they will always match even
though the election is clearly fraudulent with a stuffed ballot box.
In other words, any fraud PRIOR to the FIRST count that is something
other than an arithmetical error, or an error in reading or interpreting
ballots, is never detected by a recount process. Recounts only detect
a narrow slice of fraud and error, yet people think they are somehow
a real test.
Only a cheater who’s a moron would use a recount-detectable method.
2. In the highly unlikely event a recount goes south in Waukesha
County, or uncovers something bad, such partial county-wide recounts
(whether only in Waukesha or in several other counties too) are
unconstitutional; and so they cannot alter the election results because
partial recounts will be voided out or stopped by courts.
Partial recounts in a small handful of counties are precisely what Al
Gore’s opening gambit was in Florida 2000. But in Florida 2000, even
the Florida state courts thought that those partial recounts were
unconstitutional violations of equal protection. In the post-Bush v.
Gore world, they most certainly are unconstitutional because partial
recounts give “greater dignity” to certain counties’ ballots compared
to other counties’ ballots (i.e. some get special attention via
recounts, while other counties’ ballots do not).
In Bush v Gore, it was the US Supreme Court that nixed the full
statewide recount, but still on grounds that it was partial, looking
at undervotes but not overvotes, and so forth. Constitutionally, it
is all or nothing regarding recounts (and no guarantees that the
SCOTUS would approve a review of “all,” given their record).
Paul Lehto, J.D.
One Comment to ““Only a cheater who’s a moron would use a recount-detectable method” (Paul Lehto)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.