So it’s a snafu that added over 7,000 “votes” to Prosser’s “total.” A snafu is innocuous, like a glitch. Just one of those things. A simple accident. Shit happens! Can’t be helped. Those homely euphemisms are more comfortable than AP’s way of putting it in this headline:
Wis. Corrects Vote Count, Gives Incumbent Big Lead
“Correcting” sounds a little scary. (Remember how Grady, the ghost/caretaker, uses it in The Shining?) Like when you correct a mispronunciation, or a spelling error, or a wrong opinion, or some childish misbehavior. There’s a hint there of the iron brace, corrective shoe, the belt across the buttocks.
But while it may sound harsh, it’s accurate as glitch and snafu aren’t; because it carries the appropriate sense of a divine hand—paternal or imperial—reaching down to set things on their proper course.
That’s clearly what has happened in Waukesha County: not a glitch or snafu but an act of strict correction by The Man behind the curtain. To get a sense of just how bogus this thing was, read the below, paying special heed to the bolded section re: the slightly nettled Bloomfield City Clerk.
Prosser Picks Up 7,500-plus Votes in Waukesha County Clerk Snafu
County clerk failed to properly save the City of Brookfield’s votes to her countywide total, an error that could mean victory for Prosser.
By Joe Petrie and Lisa Sink |
In a stunning development that instantly changed the race for the state Supreme Court, a county clerk’s error on election night added 7,582 votes for incumbent Justice David Prosser over challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg.
The additional votes almost certainly will give Prosser the victory in the heated race for the high court. As of early afternoon, Kloppenburg had been ahead in the race, according to totals compiled by the Associated Press.
The additional votes for Prosser were found after it was determined that all the votes for the City of Brookfield were not included in the initial counts that the county provided to the Associated Press, which has been maintaining a statewide tally of votes.
One Comment to “More on the “snafu” (some might say “glitch”) that has apparently “elected” Prosser”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.