This took guts–guts that Democrats don’t often show.
This recount will include a close look at the “unusually high undervote rates in a number of areas that the campaign has examined,” as well “irregularities around the state,” such as Milwaukee and Racine (and, of course, Waukesha).
Although there are big questions here (most notably, the ballot chain of custody), this is an extraordinary moment. So let’s all stand with JoAnne Kloppenburg, and stay vigilant against all efforts to prevent, delay, disrupt or otherwise fiddle with this recount.
SPECIAL COVERAGE: Wisconsin Supreme Court Election
BREAKING: KLOPPENBURG FILES FOR STATEWIDE RECOUNT
By Brad Friedman
Wisconsin’s Asst. Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg has filed paperwork for a statewide, state-sponsored “recount” in the controversial April 5th State Supreme Court election.
Speaking to supporters at a press conference moments ago in Madison, Kloppenburg pointed to a number of reported irregularities around the state, including in Waukesha County, as well as Racine and Milwaukee and
a number of other areas, that led to her decision to ask for such a count. She also mentioned unusually high undervote rates in a number of areas that the campaign had examined.
“I’ve asked for a recount to determine what the right count is, and also to preserve confidence in the electoral process,” she said in response to a question from reporters.
2 Comments to “KLOPPENBURG FILES FOR STATEWIDE RECOUNT”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.