It turns out that one of those 5 Repubs slated for recall in Wisconsin is under fire by other Repubs for opposing Walker’s bill.
So only four of those 5 Repubs are likely to “squeak by” when those recall elections take place in June.
4 state senators join list in line for recall in Wis.
3 Democrats, 5 in GOP targeted over position on collective-bargaining bill
By Jason Smathers
MADISON, Wis. – Wisconsin conservatives added three Democratic state senators and one Republican senator Thursday to the list of lawmakers in line for recall elections over their opposition to or support of Gov. Scott Walker’s law curtailing collective-bargaining rights for public employees.
Committees to recall Democratic Sens. Dave Hansen of Green Bay, Jim Holperin of Conover and Robert Wirch of Pleasant Prairie filed the signatures needed with the Government Accountability Board. All three groups had thousands more signatures than required to trigger a recall election.
Hours later, the committee to recall Republican Sen. Alberta Darling of River Hills submitted 30,000 signatures to trigger her recall election. Naomi Cobb, the main petitioner for the Darling group, said there was strong support for the recall, despite Darling’s relatively Republican district.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.