US UNCUT NYC
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: April 15, 2011
BANK OF AMERICA TO THANK ORDINARY NEW YORKERS FOR PAYING FEDERAL TAXES, SO THEY DON’T HAVE TO
Bank of America (“BoA”) is sending representatives to the main Post Office on tax day to warmly thank the ordinary New Yorkers (including members of the media) for helping to pay its taxes. Even as New York faces billions in budget cuts, Bank of America succeeded in paying zero dollars in federal income taxes for 2010.
Reps will be giving out a tangible (albeit tiny) token of BoA’s gratitude in the form of hard candies (i.e., “suckers”). We believe that it is the most we can do – and who could take issue with the gift’s appropriateness?
BoA representatives will also be available to explain to those who may be confused (and perhaps even mildly annoyed) when they learn that BoA received a $1.9 billion tax CREDIT on net profits of $4.4 billion. Tax advisors well versed in BoA’s world-class evasion techniques will be available to explain in great detail how one of America’s biggest banks managed to pay nothing while everyone else pays their fair share.
WHO: US Uncut NYC and ‘Bank of America’
WHEN: Monday, April 18, 5:00 PM
WHERE: James A. Farley Post Office Building, 421 Eighth Avenue, between 31st Street and 33rd Street
2 Comments to “Bank of America pays NO FEDERAL INCOME TAXES? On Monday 4/18, let’s ask them WHY, with US Uncut NYC!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Cody Lyon
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.