That industry, notes Michael Snyder, is an obscenely profitable scam, which Obama’s
bill makes even worse—since it was largely written by and for that industry.
The problem isn’t “government death panels,” or any other paranoid hallucination, but
the actual death-grip of the healthcare and pharmaceutical cartels on “our” government
(and on the medical profession).
25 Facts That Show The U.S. Health Care Industry Is One Giant Money Making Scam
Michael Snyder, The American Dream
What is the appropriate word to use when you find out that the top executive at the third largest health insurance company in America raked in 68.7 million dollars in 2010?
How is one supposed to respond when one learns that more than two dozen pharmaceutical companies make over a billion dollars in profits each year? Is it okay to get angry when you discover that over 90 percent of all hospital bills contain “gross overcharges”?
Once upon a time, going into the medical profession was seen as a “noble” thing to do. But now the health care industry in the United States has become one giant money making scam and it is completely dominated by health insurance companies, pharmaceutical corporations, lawyers and corporate fatcats. In America today, just one trip to the hospital can cost you tens of thousands of dollars even if you do not stay for a single night.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- Words of Power
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.