From Richard Charnin:
Run the 1988-2008 True Vote Model (TVM)
The TVM is an easy-to-use analytical model/ database which calculates the True Vote (as well as the official recorded vote) for all state and national presidential elections since 1988. It is more powerful than the previously released 1968-2008 Recursive True Vote Model which was designed to analyze national elections only.
Just a few inputs are required: Election Year, State abbreviation code (or NA for National) and the calculation method (1-5).
Here are a few examples:
2004 National recorded vote as displayed in the Final National Exit Poll (NEP): enter 2004, NA, 5 in the three input cells B5,B6 and B7.
According to the NEP, Bush required a 110% turnout of returning 2000 Bush voters in 2004 in order to achieve his 50.7% recorded share.
2004 National True Vote: enter 2004, NA, 2
Kerry’s True Vote was approximately 53.3%
2004 Ohio recorded vote: enter 2004, OH, 5
Bush required 14% of returning Gore voters to match his recorded vote.
2004, Ohio True Vote: enter 2004, OH, 2
Kerry’s True Ohio vote was approximately 53%.
Optional input allows for changing built-in default assumptions such as prior election voter turnout, allocation of uncounted votes, 4-year voter mortality rate.
The user can ask what-if to override the default vote shares of returning and new voters.
For example: Enter 60% for Kerry’s share of DNV (new) voters and 92% for his share of returning Gore voters.
The main screen contains this link to an introductory TVM overview.
The TVMl consists of a number of worksheet exhibits. Just click the tab at the bottom of the screen to select one.
The model also contains links to analytical postings for further information.
The True Vote Calculation sheet is a convenient one-page summary PDF.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- William Betz
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.